The English Democrats, who have campaigned for BREXIT for over a decade, are delighted to announce that Stephen Morris, North West Chairman and Communications Director, will be standing on behalf of the party in the forth-coming Greater Manchester Mayoral Election.
Stephen Morris is also a Trade Unionist and works for the independent Trade Union ‘The Workers of England Union’ as their General Secretary and activist with the Trade Union Congress for England. He has previously worked as a UNITE representative on public transport in Greater Manchester and has seen first-hand how the Labour party and its affiliated unions have seriously failed to protect the people of Greater Manchester from Tory cuts.
On being selected as the English Democrats’ candidate, Stephen Morris said: – “Greater Manchester needs a Mayor who campaigned for Brexit (708032 in Greater Manchester supported Brexit), who campaigned against the congestion charge (812,815 in Greater Manchester supported the No campaign), who campaigns for worker’s rights and for the people of England to have equality with Scotland and Wales with an English Parliament, a mayor who is in touch with the people”.
Stephen’s views and campaigns are consistent with the overwhelming views of the people of Greater Manchester, Labour are out of touch and passed their sell by date.”
For further information:
Phone: 07732 565 425
Some further information about Stephen’s campaigns:
1) Stephen campaigned against the Congestion Charge and the people (812815) of Greater Manchester overwhelmingly supported his view – Labour lost.
2) Stephen campaigned to leave the EU Political system and the people (708032) of Greater Manchester supported his view. Labour and Andy Burnham lost.
3) Stephen campaigned for Mayoral referendums so the people could decide whether they wanted a directly elected Mayor, – Hypocritical Labour imposed the system on to Greater Manchester against all their previous rhetoric against it.
4) Stephen campaigned against the Iraq War, whilst Labours Andy Burnham supported the War
5) Stephen Campaigned for an investigation into the Iraq War, whilst Labours Andy Burnham voted against any investigation.
6) Stephen supports making councils responsible for helping those in financial need afford their council tax – Labours Andy Burnham voted against it.
7) Stephen supports renewable energy projects and campaigns against fracking – Labours Andy Burnham voted against greater regulation of fracking.”